Thursday 8 September 2011

Voices of Transformation

Well, it's day 3 of Not-Back to School, and I'm still happy!

I've had time to attend Food Forward's inspiring Sprouts to Shoots workshop on food advocacy on the beautiful Big Carrot roof. I'm much more aware of the voices of power and disempowerment around me, and of how ( I hope! ) to help reclaim our power and our rights to healthy local food that supports families, farmers, and the planet!

I've had time to start reading Richard Heinberg's The End of Growth, on economy, environment and peak everything. (Also the new Elizabeth Hay book, curiously called Alone in the Classroom, admittedly a much easier read.)

I've walked and walked in the suddenly fall weather. I've had time to bake deliciously seasonal apple peach muffins.

I've updated my calendar with lots of important events - people reclaiming our voices - here are just two:

Stop the Cuts! at Dufferin Grove Park, Saturday Sept. 10, 1-4 pm

Climate Reality Project online, Wed Sept. 14 to Thurs. Sept. 15

No comments:

Post a Comment